Shared Harvest’s Farm to Table Dinner is back! Join us Saturday, October 7, 2023, in celebration of local food and community. Deepen your connection to nearby farms, fields, and orchards over a four-course dinner with the freshest ingredients from Elgin Public House Chef Greg Shannon.
Served family style, you’ll sit at one long outdoor communal table with friends and neighbors on the patio at The Centre of Elgin (weather permitting). In the event of inclement weather, dinner will be served inside The Centre’s Heritage Ballroom.
This event is hosted by Shared Harvest, the Elgin Food Cooperative and the Elgin Symphony Orchestra. Our local farmers include: Allison’s Wonderland Farms in Elburn, Teshuva Farm in Crystal Lake, and Wisconsin Meat Cooperative in Wisconsin. Seats are limited, so buy your tickets now!
Make it a night out in Downtown Elgin! We’re again partnering with the Elgin Symphony Orchestra to provide special discounted tickets for that night’s 2023-2024 ESO 74th season opening performance at the Hemmens Cultural Center! The concert will feature Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, opera star Christine Brewer, and the debut of new Music Director Chad Goodman.
Date/Time: Saturday, October 7, 2023 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Check in begins at 4:30 p.m. and dinner will be served at 5:00 p.m.
- Elgin Symphony Orchestra performance starts at 7:30 p.m. across the street at Hemmens Cultural Center, 45 Symphony Way, Elgin, IL 60120
Location: The Centre of Elgin, 100 Symphony Way, Elgin, IL 60120
- Dinner will be served outdoors, weather permitting.
- In the event of inclement weather, dinner will be served indoors in the Centre’s Heritage Ballroom.
Tickets: Limited seats available, so buy your tickets today!
- Dinner only: $85 per person (or two for $160). Includes a four-course dinner and a glass of wine (a cash bar with beer/wine available).
- Dinner plus Elgin Symphony Orchestra performance: $125 per person (or two for $240). Includes dinner as described above plus ticket(s) to the Elgin Symphony Orchestra’s season opening performance.
- Grilled Eggplant with Harissa and Honey Sauce with Chimichurri Herbs and Asiago Cheese (Vegetarian)
- Mixed Baby Greens with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing topped with Fresh Veggies and Crispy Beet Chips (Vegan)
- Smoked Beef Brisket with Plant-based BBQ Sauce
- Pork Loin stuffed with Collard Greens, Squash, Smoked peppers and Bacon served with Smoked Apple and Jalapeno Sauce
- Vegetable Risotto-stuffed Onions in a Piquillo Chili and Tomato Sauce topped with Fresh Herbs (Vegan)
- Delicata Squash Puttanesca with Slow Roasted Tomatoes, Olives, Onions with Capers (Vegan)
- Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Mushrooms (Vegan)
- Mediterranean Style North County Roaster Squash with Chickpeas and Garlic Herb Sauces with a Tomato Parsley Salad (Vegan)
- Roasted Seasonal Vegetables (Vegan)
- Mashed Potato and Squash (Vegetarian)
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Roasted in a Lodi Pumpkin (Vegan) with Bourbon Caramel on the side (Vegetarian)
- Wine and Coffee served with meal
Menu is subject to change depending on the availability of farm fresh foods.
- Our chef is providing plenty of dishes that are either vegetarian or vegan as part of the dinner.
- If you have a food allergy concern, please call (847) 873-9995 with questions before purchasing tickets.
- Please dress for the weather as we intend to be seated outside for dinner.
- Free parking is available in the deck located on the corner of Symphony Way and Douglas Ave (across from the police station). Other surface lots and on street parking are also available in the area.
Thank you to our sponsors and contributing farms!
- Elgin Public House
- The Centre of Elgin
- Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- The Hemmens Cultural Center
- Allison’s Wonderland Farm
- Crystal Lake Mushrooms
- Full Bushel Farm
- Homestead Orchard
- Slagel Family Farms
- Tsehah Farms
- Wisconsin Meadows
We look forward to sharing a special meal and community with you! If you have any questions, please message us on Facebook or call (847) 873-9995.
To purchase tickets, click the button below or visit the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shared-harvests-farm-to-table-dinner-2023-tickets-436141209097